Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Level 1 - Day 1

Off to a slow start with this project, as I've let other things get in my way quite a bit. So, to recap for myself, the 1st level of Maslow's pyramid involves homeostasis needs: food, warmth, water, shelter, sleep, basic good health, etc. I'd say that right now, starting out, these are all fairly low, if I'm looking to achieve perfection on these categories.

I work graveyard shifts, I toss and turn when I sleep, I eat crappy food (Little Caesar's pizza anyone?) and I do little to no exercise, which leads to aching joints and bones and a general disdain for my body. I'd say that my mood is about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is utter despair and 10 is utter joy, at least when it comes to this level of the pyramid.

My goals for this part are:
1. Sleep 8 hours, or at least until I'm not tired anymore.
2. Exercise at least 15 minutes a day, preferably yoga or pilates, though I'm planning on starting martial arts next week, so that may count.
3. Eat a reasonable amount of food that corresponds to good food practices (dairy, grains, meats, vegetables and fruits, etc.).
4. Make my home and office reasonable places to stay: clean, uncluttered, not actively making me sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment